Custom Fields related inquiry | Ideagen Success Cloud
Skip to main content
There's more discussions to explore simply by registering for Ideagen Community. Join us and start speaking with your peers today!

Hello all, 
For the List custom field, is there any way for it to be edited into a nested format? For example, if I wanted to create an EPA method and within said method, there would be a certain number of analytes that need to be included. Also, is there a way to change the selection style within a list when the “multi-select” option is chosen? It is inconvenient to hold shift and click multiple items within a tiny box.

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your inquiry. I’ve provided answers below that I hope address your questions, but please let me know if further clarification is needed.

Managed Lists

You asked, “For the List custom field, is there any way for it to be edited into a nested format? For example, if I wanted to create an EPA method and within said method, there would be a certain number of analytes that need to be included.”

Assuming you are using the Field Management section within the Occurrence and Incident administration module, I’d like to clarify that fixed lists allow for relatively simple, single-level lists. However, to achieve more complex structures like the one you described, we recommend using the ‘Managed Lists’ Data Type. This feature enables you to create and configure detailed lists, including parent/child nested formatting. Additionally, you can add extra columns if necessary.

Once created, the new managed list can be populated in the ‘Managed List’ section of the Administration Module, under the Occurrence Module filter.

Here’s an example of how this might look:

Multi-Select

You also asked, “Is there a way to change the selection style within a list when the ‘multi-select’ option is chosen? It is inconvenient to hold shift and click multiple items within a tiny box.”

We’ve received similar feedback, and I’m happy to share that this has been addressed in the latest web version of the system. The updated interface now allows for multi-select using checkboxes on the left-hand side of the list items, making it easier to select multiple options without needing to hold the shift key. Here’s an example of the new functionality:

If you are not currently using the latest version (as of today that is V7.6), I would recommend reaching out to your account manager to discuss the available upgrade options.

Please feel free to reach out if you have any further questions.

Thank you,

Sam

Hello Sam,

Thank you for your help regarding these issues. However, it seems that my organization interface for Ideagen Quality Management is different from what you’ve shown. For example,

This is what our landing page looks like: 

and regarding the administrative ability, this is the only option that we have access to:

Unfortunately I don’t think that we have access to field management setting

Hey, @Ideagen4all 👋🏽

Looks like you’re using Ideagen Quality Management: Essentials, so I’ve moved this post to the correct forum (you originally posted in Ideagen Quality Management: Professional)

The Ideagen Quality Management: Essentials team have been made aware of your query and will get back to you with a response soon 👍🏽

Hello Anonymous,

It has been a while since I last saw this post, Has the Ideagen Quality Management: Essentials team made any progress on this issue? Thank you for your time