Clinical Competency | Ideagen Community
There's more discussions to explore simply by registering for Ideagen Community. Join us and start speaking with your peers today!
Solved

Clinical Competency

• 11 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone had a good solution for competency tracking and automation within the Ideagen Quality Management system (formerly Qualtrax). Clinical competencies are unique in their requirements of satisfying the six major pillars and the requirement to have to competencies performed within the first year. I would love a way to automate this task, making it easy to automate the process and enable reporting without creating a boatload of workflows or trainings for every method performed. There are dedicated systems for this out there, but another login and system to learn is a strain on staff.

icon

Best answer by Bill.M 18 January 2024, 15:48

View answer

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi Mike-
We have a webinar on this topic that I think would be a great place to start.

I have reached out to marketing for assistance in getting a link for the webinar.  As soon as I have that, I will post back here.

Bill

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Mike I have an update for you.  Sorry it took me a day to track down this webinar.

Here is a link to the YouTube recording of “Competency and Training: Methods, Actions & Requirements”.

With that said, this webinar may not be exactly what you’re looking for re: Clinical Competency; but, I feel that it is a good place to start.  We can go from there.

Feel free to reach out to me directly if you’d like to discuss further.

Bill 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Have you tried making Trainings “Allow Self Submissions”? I have used this for some certification tracking, such that there aren’t inbox assignments sitting for very long or indefinite timeframes, but rather a place for a user to submit completed certifications as they are done - they would do this from their Qualtrax profile page, where a “Submit” button will appear for these trainings that have their user group in it. Reporting will still be up to you, but you can certainly schedule a report at a certain frequency on each training as you approach the end of their year end.