WorkRite Training Notification HTML Tags | Ideagen Community
There's more discussions to explore simply by registering for Ideagen Community. Join us and start speaking with your peers today!
Solved

WorkRite Training Notification HTML Tags

• 1 March 2024
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hello community,

Does anyone know if its possible to customise the ‘Content’ body of notifications sent from WorkRite?

The below is mentioned in small text above the ‘Body’ of the notification window, and if these are tags that can change the style of the notification, it would be helpful to know how to apply them in the body for the desired effect.

N.B. The following HTML tags are permitted in the email body: a, b, strong, br, ul, ol, li. Any other tags, including their content will not be saved.

I have added a lot of information into one of the training notifications for NEM course (attached) and want to make it easier for the person receiving the email to read through its contents by making the sub headings bold.

icon

Best answer by Samuel Brown 4 March 2024, 10:42

View answer

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hey @damian.miesak!

I used to be a member of our WorkRite support team many years ago, so I feel I can answer this one for you. The content body allows you to use some basic HTML tags. To make some of the text bold, simply wrap the text you want with <b></b> tags like below.

New and Expectant Mothers (NEM) Course & Assessment
<b>Estimated course completion time: 1 hour</b>
<b>Estimated assessment completion time: 10 minutes</b>
It is crucial...
  • <a> - Hyperlink to any URL
  • <b> - Makes the text bold
  • <strong> - Means the text is important
  • <br> - Creates a line break
  • <ol> - Defines the start of a structured list
  • <li> - This is a list item inside of a structured list

If you need any more informaton on how to use any of the above, please check out this cheatsheet which you can find here.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Thanks Samuel!

This community forum is proving very useful, I had the impression that this was something I could find the answer to in google but with limited resources its really helpful to ask for help here and get a definite answer.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Any ideas why the text is showing up blue and how can I change this?

Bearing in mind that I can only use the following HTML tags: a, b, strong, br, ul, ol, li.

I’ve already tried variations of different tags but nothing seems to change the colour of the text to black.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

@damian.miesak - The <li> HTML element is used to represent an item in a list. It must be contained in a parent element: an ordered list (<ol>) or an unordered list (<ul>). In unordered lists, list items are usually displayed using bullet points. In ordered lists, they are usually displayed with an ascending counter on the left, such as a number or letter.

See below for an example of this.

Firstly, you will be issued:
<b>New and Expectant Mothers (NEM) Course & Assessment</b>

<ul>
<li>Estimated course completion time: 25 minutes</li>
<li>Estimated assessment completion time: 5 minutes</li>
</ul>

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Thanks Samuel,

I tried this but it did not change the colour of the text.

I removed the <li>tag and kept the <b> which worked removing the blue colour and keeping the bold headers. I then inserted a <li> tag with the parent element for the first part, and did not add anymore <li> tags to the consequent headers but the blue text appears to inherently come with the list and no way of configuring it?

Also when creating the parent element <ul> it creates excessive space between the bullet points so its not desirable. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hey @damian.miesak,

This is extremely unusual and not something i’ve seen or faced before. Unfortunately I don’t have access to your system to check your setup and make sure there’s nothing funny going on.

Could I ask, in this instance, to raise a ticket with our Support team so that one of our colleagues can take a deep dive into your system and work out if this is a configuration issue or a fault with the system?

Raise a WorkRite ticket