Task and subsequent action items - how to create a 'tree' | Ideagen Success Cloud
Skip to main content
There's more discussions to explore simply by registering for Ideagen Community. Join us and start speaking with your peers today!
Question

Task and subsequent action items - how to create a 'tree'

• 19 July 2024
  • 1 reply

Hi all! 

Can anyone help with following (EHS) question?

Yesterday we performed a task that focused on a safety check round. We created the task in VTRAC. The result of that round was a number of findings (all related to the same topic) that now need to be created as action-items in VTRAC.

1. Is there a way to connect these action items to yesterday’s task? 
  2. Is there a way to create a main action item (since all actions relate to the same topic) with underlying sub-action items? 

Hope someone can help!

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hello Evertz, I hope you are doing well. 

That is a great question, even when our audit management solution might be more appropriate for the outcome that you are looking for, by scheduling non-protocol audits or inspections, so that way you can better create and manage all action items needed per every finding accordingly.

There is currently not a straight way to create a tree of action items within a task, another option you could consider is after enabling that task is that you then select the check box to require the verification of that one to report additional items as comments, but you would have up to 2,000 characters to enter in that field, and that is when I believe using our audit management solution for non-protocol audit or inspections would be a better fit for that.

Keep also in mind that we are currently considering this use case scenario to incorporate the functionality to create sub-tasks in the roadmap for this fiscal year.

I hope this would answer your question.

Regards!