Report Designer - Explanation of Fields | Ideagen Success Cloud
Skip to main content
There's more discussions to explore simply by registering for Ideagen Community. Join us and start speaking with your peers today!
Question

Report Designer - Explanation of Fields

• 30 May 2024
  • 4 replies

I am trying to teach myself how to design reports and messages. I can’t seem to find a resource that explains what each field presents as in the report. For example in the message for Draft Approver Rejected what information is returned for the fields listed?

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Good Morning,

Our help portal offers a variety of resources, including the basic or advanced Report Designer courses that may be able to assist in the first instance.

Given the complexity and diverse features of the Report Designer tool, we strongly recommend reaching out directly to our customer success team at customer.enquiries@ideagen.com. They can provide tailored training to help you maximize the software’s capabilities.

Have a great day!

Best regards,

Sam

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Sam, 

Thank you for the reply. I had looked at those resources and they have examples of everything except for a resource of what information is linked to each field. I understand that alot of them is pretty straight forward but some of them are not. I will reach out to the customer enquiries email you provided. Thank you again. 

Heather 

Badge

The same experience come to me few years ago. Lok for DevExpress Reports on Google and maybe some old manuals from Gael ltd - QPulse orignal brand name. It was PDF version of all modules manual.

BRGDS

Piotr

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi,

I would second Piotr in that DevExpress manuals are very useful for learning about Q-Pulse reports. 

You could also simply try out the fields that you are unsure of and see what it prints. 

The field list displays icons next to the names that reflect what output you should expect e.g. DateTime, Boolean, string etc. Looking at those might help. 

Indicators for what data output to expect

Hope this helps. 

Kind regards

Monika