Linking a document to a completed requirement | Ideagen Community
There's more discussions to explore simply by registering for Ideagen Community. Join us and start speaking with your peers today!
Solved

Linking a document to a completed requirement

• 3 August 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi All,

I am hopeful you can help. 

I am wondering if there is a more efficient way of linking attachments to relevant competency requirements. We currently upload documents to the “Properties” section on a staff member’s record however it is often difficult to find. Is there a way of linking the two e.g. attaching the document to the requirement upon completion as evidence? 

P.S. We are currently using version 6.1.2.4, I am aware it might be the case the newer versions have this function. 

Thank you!

Monika

icon

Best answer by Harry Smith 4 August 2023, 11:29

View answer

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello Monika,

After doing some testing on the latest version of Quality Management (7.4) it is unfortunately not possible to add attachments and link them into the training plan. However the way the system works is when the Training found in the Training Plan has been completed, the evidence of the completion would need to be added in the event history, when adding the evidence in the event history, you will have the option to link attachments to support your evidence of completion.

When you are adding a completed event, you have options to add some notes to the event if you wish to add more details to link it to a certain training plan.

Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause. I have raised this as an enhancement request for the possibility for this feature to be added for future releases of Quality Management .

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi Monika,

The best way to achieve this is to create master events for each requirement then create the competency with these master events. Then, to complete a requirement, just add the relevant completed event (rosette icon) and you can attach anything you want to the event. This automatically links that event in to the training plan. 

You can also retrospectively link a requirement to an event using the “Associated event...” option.

HTH Cheers

Andy