ECCAIRS-Compatible Reporting in Ideagen Quality Management: Looking for Best Practices | Ideagen Success Cloud
Skip to main content
There's more discussions to explore simply by registering for Ideagen Community. Join us and start speaking with your peers today!

Hello everyone,

I am the Safety Manager at LOT Polish Airlines, and we are in the process of introducing ECCAIRS-compatible reports into our system. We are currently using Ideagen Quality Management: Professional, and we've successfully imported all the necessary fields into our system.

The challenge we're facing is with providing a user-friendly experience for our pilots and other employees to submit these reports. ECCAIRS requires a significant number of fields to be filled out, many of which are either unnecessary for the initial submission or should/can be completed at a later stage by the flight safety inspectors. We are concerned that this complexity might discourage individuals from reporting and make a template of a report hard to fill out.

On the web reporting portal, we can hide certain fields from the reporter, but unfortunately, this functionality does not seem to be available on the mobile app, which many of our employees may use for convenience.

How are you handling this issue in your organization? Have you implemented any best practices to simplify the process? Do you use a single reporting template for ECCAIRS, or do you have multiple templates tailored to different scenarios? Any advice or insights would be greatly appreciated!

Best regards,
Grzegorz Mikuła

Hi Grzegorz, 

Thanks for posting and getting involved in our community, our team are talking about this very topic internally and hopefully will have something to share soon. In the meantime, does anyone else in our community have any thoughts or best practices to share?

Hello,

In the meantime I’m reaching out to ask about the new roadmap for 2024 regarding IdeaGen.

https://iqm-pro.help.ideagen.com/hc/en-gb/articles/16858761481362-Ideagen-Quality-Management-Professional-roadmap-2024

https://iqm-pro.help.ideagen.com/hc/en-gb/articles/15129495365010-Quality-Roadmap-Q4-2023

I noticed that ECCAIRS reporting, which was previously included in the 2024 roadmap, seems to be missing in the latest version. Could you clarify the current status of this feature and whether it is still planned for release?